Special Economic Zones
A special economic zone (SEZ) refers to a geographically demarcated and secured area with a single management or administration structure which offers preferential fiscal and non-fiscal benefits to investors physically located within the SEZ and has a separate customs area which has streamlined procedures for investors.
Sunway City was gazetted as a special economic zone by the Government in May 2019. The SEZ Licence was granted in September 2019.
- Creation of employment opportunities
- Promotion of both domestic and foreign investment
- Significant foreign exchange earnings through exports
- Development of world class infrastructure facilities
- Results in technology transfer to locals
The table below shows the gazetted special economic zone incentives compared to the prevailing tax rates for companies operating outside special economic zones.